~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Highly Recommended

    For the last two nights, I have found myself staying up late to read just a few more pages from a new book I'm reading. I discovered it from another mom's blog and decided to read it myself.  The title of the book is I Will Carry You by Angie Smith. It's an incredible story about one families struggle to trust God's will for their lives. It has a beautiful parallel between their personal story and what scripture tells us about trials, loss and suffering.  Even if you have never experienced the kind of loss this family has, the message is still applicable to many of life's trials. 
    I'm only halfway through, and normally I don't recommend books until I've completely read through them but this one is worth your time and money! I know you'll be encouraged and uplifted. Make sure you have tissues available though, parts of it can be a tearjerker!

No comments:

Post a Comment