~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Sunday, April 18, 2010

So here it goes. There's no other way to start this page than by confessing that I am known for my black thumb! I can not keep plants living to save my own life. I've tried many times, in many different places, all to no avail. When we first moved into our house, I plotted an area in our backyard for a garden. Thinking one day, I would be bestowed with the gift of gardening. I planted a bunch of herbs, and then had to replant more when those died and was finally left with the herbs that were not killable.  Well, I have met some really good friends that have taught me about soil, composting, drainage and all those good skills. I also read a book that was very helpful, The Square Foot Garden.  
This year,  I am trying my hand at vegetable gardening. I added watermelon, cantaloupe, beets, spinach, lettuce, carrots, bell peppers and marigolds to my garden. I followed the instructions in the book to the tee and this is what I came up with...


















 To my surprise, the seeds are sprouting! So far so good! Now if I can only keep them alive through the summer until their edible. Stay tuned for details.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for this blog, Angie! And good luck not killing all the plants in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete