~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Completing Him Challenge

 

 On a fellow homeschool mom's page, I found this challenge.  A summer exercise to strengthen my God-given role as a wife to be a helper to my husband, Ian.  This is the second time this week I have been challenged to focus on serving my husband.  I know the Lord is working on my heart specifically in this area.  The first time I was asked to focus on Colossians 3:18...       "Wives submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord".
I admit this has always been a struggle for me to do well.  It is my desire to help, serve and submit to my husband because it is actually the Lord I am serving in this, but my sin hinders me from doing it well.  It is something I want to grow in and not just for eye-service but with a genuine heart.
So here it goes.   I pray the Lord will bless this time and strengthen me in my role as wife through this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment