~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let's learn some geography

The boys have been working their way through European geography this year. This has made for some exciting conversations as my oldest was born in Germany. I can show him pictures of when we visited Barcelona or talk to him about touring the church where Martin Luther was tried in Worms. This week, the countries we are identifying have some particularly tasty cuisines and I decided the best way to a man's heart (or possibly his education) is through his stomach! I am attempting to cook my way through some of Europe.

One of the countries we're location on a map is Austria. Known for many culinary contributions but I choose the most famous, Wiener Schnitzel and Krautfleckerln (Cabbage and Noodles). I'm familiar with making schnitzel as I learned to make it from a sweet German friend when we lived in Mannheim but the noodle dish was new to me (although very simple to make) 


Pretty Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment