~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crazy Thing

About a month ago, I brought in new mulch bags for the landscape in the backyard. It's springtime here so we've been fixing up the back yard and helping prepare for the new growth.

Well as things go around here, I didn't immediately get to those bags of mulch. They laid in the grass for quite some time until I was able to get around to them.

When I moved the bags to where they were intended to go, I notice a funky looking thing growing under the bags. I could only assume it was some kind of weed or even worse fungus growing in that dark wet spot. Eewwww I thought. I don't want to touch whatever that is, so I'll get Ian to take it out for me.

Well as things go around here, Ian didn't get around to it...ever.

So today I decided to brave whatever diseased, fungal growth it was and get rid of it myself. I pulled up half of it and realized these were no ordinary weeds. There were seeds at the roots of the plant. Confused, I tried to recall what seeds had been laid there because I don't ever remember planting anything in that patch of grass.

Then it came to me.

There was this....

























And then this...
























That's right. Some good, clean, pumpkin smashing in December. Well...I had to break them down for the compost, they boys were happy to oblige.

Anyways, back to the story. We have pumpkins. Pumpkins growing in our grass! Jacob can't wait for the harvest so I can make him some fresh pumpkin bread.

1 comment:

  1. Wow isn't it great how God can reward procrastination with a pumpkin patch!!ILOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete