~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Soccer Stars

One of the most rewarding and exciting parts of being a parent is watching my children develop and grow in their skills and gifting's. You see them as newborns, learning how to do basic tasks like eating and sleeping. Then as toddlers the world is open to them and everything is new. Walking, talking and playing are still something to be learned. Now that my babies are older, I have the privilege of watching them develop their skills in sports.

I never played, watched or took part in a soccer game but I am one PROUD soccer mom! In my opinion, it's the best sport for children. They get to learn teamwork, field strategies, it's full of non-stop activity and it's fun! I love bringing my kiddos outdoors, plopping down in the grass and watching them play a good game of soccer.

Jacob has always loved the game and actually, he's quite good at it. This year, is no exception. While I am proud that he is aggressive, quick and scores goals, my favorite part of soccer this year with him is his character development. He is HIGHLY competitive. Almost to a fault. But for his very first game he turned and said to me "Mom, I don't want to sin anymore. So I'm not going to be a sore loser. I will be happy whether we win or loose."




But this year, his favorite part of playing is getting to have his best friend on the team!



This year marks a first for Nathan. His first year to play a game he's watched literally since he was an infant. Although he was reluctant, he is proving to be a natural. Easily one of the best on the team. My favorite part of Nathan's game is seeing him selflessly run after each ball that goes out, in order to return it to the game. Even though he could just rest and not go after it. It's just who Nathan is, he thinks of others first.



I just love those little legs running =)


Go Nathan!


He's just like his dad, sticks his tongue out while competing.




No comments:

Post a Comment