~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Friday, July 22, 2011

Day Two

"Potty training is NOT for the faint of heart"-Angie Jorgensen

If they ever do shut down Guantanamo, I have an alternative form of torture. Take suspects and stick them in a room full of potty training toddlers. I believe it is cruel and unusual punishment :) The constant whining, tantrums and crying is enough to get anyone begging for mercy.

All jokes aside. Day two was NOT so much fun. I encountered a little boy who no longer thought it was cool and fun to go to the potty. And boy did I see his defiant side. I don't know which was worse, addressing the constant accidents or addressing the constant resistance. There were many dark moments where I contemplated throwing in the towel. After spending a moment praying, I recalled the success from the day before and was encouraged to keep going. I also remembered even though this is hard, it is a great opportunity to work on character and heart issues (both his and mine!).

On a positive note (the one and only) he succeeded in going #2 in the potty. I remember that was a BIG deal when we trained Jacob. He just wouldn't do it. So I was glad that Austin was already comfortable relieving himself.

Well...here's hoping day 3 is much, much, much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment