~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Field Trip Fridays

I have to admit, as much as I love taking my three little boys out for fun adventures, it is not always a priority to plan to attend field trips. When we get busy, as we usually are, the choice between accomplishing tasks and goals for the day are more appealing to me than spending half a day on a field trip.

However, a wise homeschool friend once encouraged me to enjoy the eagerness of the younger years and take advantage of field trips. "When you feel you're too busy and you have a choice to go on a field trip, do it while they are young and enjoy it" she said. It's hard to look into the future and know what to anticipate with the older years of school so I am thankful for any shared tips from experienced moms.

So we took her advice and joined up with a planned field trip with some friends from church. And, I'm so glad we did. It was nice to have a full week of school behind us and then, get to enjoy and learn about God's creation at the Wildlife Park.

At the Wildlife Park, the animals are essentially roaming free (in their designated areas).


You board a tram that takes you around a trail through the park. Of course, the big boys like to sit up front, in hopes of getting the most action. Then, the mom's crowd into the inside, hoping they don't get swarmed by the animals.



Austin was very unsure about these "free" animals that could just come up to him. So he spent the beginning of the ride like this...


If I don't see them, they don't exist!

Jacob and Nathan were super excited though.




The park guide gives you a bucket of food to feed the animals and the ride begins. Once Austin figured out he could throw pieces of food, he enjoyed the rest of the ride...


Camels, emus and ostrich...oh my! We got to feed/see/pet all kinds of animals but here are few...






We even fed a deer...the guide did not provide the pb&j!

And last but certainly least (this part was not my favorite), the petting zoo



Thanks to the wonderful ladies who coordinated this field trip! It's my goal to utilize more of these opportunities and enjoy the precious moments with my boys.






No comments:

Post a Comment