~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Friday, October 21, 2011

Little Pumpkins and One Big Pumpkin

One of the great things about living in a large metropolis is the plethora of choices when it comes to activities.  In the fall, one of our favorite things to do is go to our local pumpkin patch. We have a really great one on the west side of town. It's a whole day event. There are tons of kid friendly activities, animals and food. It's a blast to get to go there. But this year, with our schedule being as full as it is (and my belly being as full as it is), we aren't going to make it out there.

Fortunately, just down the road, there is a local church that displays and sells thousands of pumpkins on their property. Even better, the proceeds go to their missions program. So the boys and I decided to go and pick ourselves some lovely pumpkins for the fall. I always think of my mom when we go "pumpkin-ing", it's one of her favorite things to do this time of year. Love you mom.


My favorite photographer (Jacob) even snapped a shot of my little "pumpkin"


This one, is just for Nathan...


Austin was trying his best to be a helper (even though he was picking up all the pumpkins and throwing them back on the ground. Forcing me to buy more pumpkins than I wanted!)



Happy Fall Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment