~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

For A Sweet New Nephew

There are a lot of hobbies I really enjoy doing. The only thing is, I spend most of my time educated my young boys and the rest is spent keeping our home. Needless to say, there isn't much time for doing the things I really enjoy doing.

Every now and then, a special occasion brings the opportunity for me to do one of the hobbies I really enjoy. Since Ian and I were first married, and he bought me my first sewing machine, it has been a tradition for me to make each of my new niece and nephews a baby quilt. Some have been quite elaborate and some stray towards the simple side.

I love working on each one of them as I think of the new member of our extended family that will soon be joining us. I think of what a delight that little child will be to their family's as well as ours. To me, the best crafts are the ones you get to give away as gifts.

So this one's for a special new nephew who joined our family. Made with love from his Aunt Angie!

No comments:

Post a Comment