~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Make Aheads

For those of you who know me well, you'll remember that I LOVE organization! My friends joke but I really do love my label maker :) Orderliness (is that a word?) makes me very happy. A part of being well organized is planning ahead.

Having a newborn in the house makes both organization and orderliness (I say it's a legitimate word) difficult or near impossible. Especially when it comes to meal planning. Through God's kindness, extended through our amazing church friends, we've had meals delivered for the past two weeks. It was great not having to shop for, plan and cook dinners for two weeks. I never wanted it to end! But end it did. Now I'm trying to figure out, again, how to plan meals for this growing family of ours.

We are still involved in our dinner co-op which takes care of three of seven nights but what about the other four?

I found these recipes that look delicious and might be the perfect answer.

I love using fresh ingredients. Especially fresh fruits and vegetables because we never seem to get enough of those. And I love using my crockpot, because it's EASY! So these recipes seem like the perfect combo.

photo from Mama and Baby Love Blog

What's even better is you can plan ahead (YAY!) and freeze these crockpot meals for as needed. LOVE IT. I can't wait to try them and thought you might like them as well.

This busy mom wants to know: how do you plan/prepare/think ahead for meals for your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment