~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2 Months Sure Goes Fast

 

IMG_3685-1

I can’t believe my baby is already 2 months old! It seems like it was just yesterday I was holding him for the first time. The joy of working through labor and finally, finally getting to hold this little life that has been inside of you. He was big, warm and so snuggly, and still is! I keep telling him to stop growing but he isn’t listening to me.

At two months old, Evan is settling into a really good schedule. I can predict a little better what to expect each day. He is sleeping a solid chunk of time at night, usually waking only once to eat. For being my only baby born in the water, he sure hates his baths. It starts out fine and not too soon along the way, he lets me know its time to be done. His favorite sleepy time position is to be cradled in my arms with his special blanket (from Aunt Leilani) and a pacifier. The past month or so, the pacifier didn’t really help him but lately he’s taken to it. Let’s hope it sticks. I love a pacifier baby. He really loves it if the blanket is snuggled up to his face, which makes me nervous that he can’t breath but once he’s asleep, I will move it to the side. We’ve discovered that he naps the best in his infant carrier seat. I can only assume he still likes to be tucked up tight like when he was in my belly.

Even though he’s only 2 months old, he is wearing 6-9 months old clothes! Do you see why I ask him to stop growing? Good thing I saved all those clothes from his brothers. We had plus sizes already on hand. One of my favorite things he has started doing is smiling. He loves the sound of my voice and looks for me when he hears it. When I come close and lock with those big beautiful eyes, he just smiles as if nothing is wrong in the world. It’s really fun.

I love you Evan and I can no longer imagine this family without you. Like your brothers, you are precious to me. God has lavished kindness on me to give me such wonderful sons as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment