~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy Half Birthday Evan!

IMG_4129(rev)

I don’t know why these posts are so difficult for me.

Maybe it’s because my 9 year old looked at me the other day and said “Mom, I’m a big boy. Let me do it”. And just yesterday he was this little right?

Maybe it’s because my 6 year old looked at the 9 year old and said “You’re almost 20, because you’re already 9”. Is it really going to happen that fast?

Stop growing! I say.

Speaking of growth, look at this chub. It’s his half birthday today.  Six months, gone in the blink of an eye. Sigh.

Evan is a lot of fun right now. He laughs big laughs and smiles big smiles and squeals big squeals. His brother Austin can make him laugh like no one else. Probably because he’s full of crazy antics! He just found his voice and can babble up a storm. I think he’s developed 3 new rolls on each arm since my last post Smile . The more to kiss! He’s cut two new teeth on his bottom gums. That didn’t make him very happy.

He is confirmation of our need for a bulk warehouse membership. We started baby food this month and he LOVES it. So far, he eats oat bran cereal, avocados, sweet potatoes, bananas, pears and brown rice cereal. I was trying to think of which is his favorite, but lets be real. This boy loves to eat anything. His big brother Nathan loves to help feed him, but thinks Evan is a really messy eater.

We have reached that dreaded stage where falling asleep in public no longer exists. He needs his bed for naptime. I say dreaded only because we loose some our flexibility. But I comfort myself remembering that its only a short season. I’m going to enjoy each phase of him being little because I know it will be gone all to soon.

IMG_4094

It’s completely fitting that his favorite song is “You are my Sunshine”. You are my sunshine, my little sunshine. You make me happy, when the skies are grey. You’ll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don’t take, my sunshine away”.

No comments:

Post a Comment