~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Monday, August 13, 2012

Here We Go Again

It’s that time of year again. The one where we say goodbye to summer and hello to school! Considering we spent most of June sick and most of July helping Ian to recover, I’m not even sure we had a summer. God had other plans for us it turns out—and His are always better so we’ll trust Him still.

IMG_4418

All in all, it was a successful day. I’m excited for a few new things the boys are doing this year (for those of you readers interested in our curriculum choices, I updated the pages “The First Grader” and “The Fourth Grader”). Jacob is enrolled in a grammar/writing program called Essentials. Truthfully, I’m super excited to be learning this material with him! And the boys are doing an online self-paced history course through Veritas press that focuses on the history timeline we have been committing to memory. I love history too.

By the way, these pictures were taken in our newly re-decorated schoolroom! More pictures of all my projects to come soon (I hope).

IMG_4422

IMG_4425

Honestly, I don’t even know why I ask them to smile before noon, it never works Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment