~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkins and Ramblings

It’s that time of year again.

IMG_4704(rev)

Time for pumpkins and pumpkin patches. This year we had some family here with us and we headed out to our favorite pumpkin place, Dewberry Farm. They have all kinds of rides, food, corn mazes and our personal favorite, the lighted pumpkin stroll.

2012_10_06

We even stopped and snapped a family photo. But seriously, do you see why we have so few family pictures?

IMG_4601

First there’s Mr. Sensitive Blue Eyes who has to have his glasses on in daylight, no matter what. Second,  only one of my boys is actually looking (very angrily I might add) at the camera. One of my boys doesn’t even have his eyes open at all!

Dear boys, in the future, please indulge your Mother who loves her treasured pictures, and smile for the camera. Thank you, your Mother.

 

On a complete side note, my blog is titled “Life in the Precious Moments” because these days with my little boys are precious. One day they will grow up and become independent men, have their own lives and Lord willing, their own children. Every single moment, every single opportunity with them is a gift from God. I was created to be their mother and they, created to be my sons. When they are grown and gone, I never want to forget these sweet times with them. And my memory stinks! So it must be written down.

Yesterday during a phonics lesson with Nathan he says to me,

“Mom, I like writing the letter “t”. I like writing it because, it reminds me that Jesus died for me.”

He melts my heart and God truly has special plans for this amazing boy.

But I thought to myself, there it is! The reason we homeschool. Of course, academics are important and we make every effort to prioritize our academia but more than that. My ultimate goal is to teach them about Jesus. To teach them about the One who paid our ransom that we might know God and make Him known. Not just through Sunday school but in history, geography and even math! That all our studies flow from and are created by the one true God!

This is the stuff, the stuff that gets me through the hard days. And yes, we have LOTS of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment