~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Book Project

Reading is important. Loving reading is even more important. I didn't LOVE reading growing up. But I do now...whenever I get a chance to. I like to encourage my boys to read as much as possible. We borrow books from the library constantly, I stock their bookshelf with authors they love to read from and reading is incorporated into our bedtime routine.

This week, we took the opportunity to be creative with the book Jacob is currently reading, The Little House on the Prairie. There's lots of ways to be creative with the story you're reading. Sometimes we act it out, use puppets and make a play or make comic strip drawings. This time, my plan was to help them make wagons and a few paper dolls for the characters. Little did I know HOW creative the boys would get. They made a whole Little House on the Prairie scene, complete with Jack the dog, hay for the horses and a creek!






So have fun with your kids and what you're reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment