~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Future Sibling

While expecting a new little one is one of the most wonderful things in the world, there are some not so wonderful side effects that come along with it. Nausea, fatigue, fluctuating hormones, leg cramps...What's more is managing three boys on top of that!

There have been some incredibly sweet sentiments that have come from each of the boys through this trying time. And I never want to forget how much these little boys wanted to care for their mother and the sibling they haven't met yet.

When I first started feeling sick early in the pregnancy, Jacob asked me if we had a bell. "I don't think so. The only one I can think of that we have is the Christmas ornament. Why do you want a bell?" I replied. Jacob's answer was so precious, "so you can ring it when you need something and I'll come and get it for you". I am so blessed to have these boys.

Ever since we found out I'm pregnant, we've been praying for this baby in my womb. We pray for different things. Mainly that even though we can't see or hold this baby, God does, and even though we can't keep this baby or make him/her stronger, God can. So we pray that he/she will grow strong and healthy everyday. Nathan has taken it as his personal task as big brother to remember our sweet baby EVERY time we pray now. It doesn't matter if we're praying for a meal or praying for a friend, Nathan always remembers to pray for our baby. And when mom is having a particularly rough day with sickness, Nathan's first response is always, "mom, let's pray that you will feel better". Even the other night at Awanas, the leader asked if anyone had any prayer requests and Jacob raised his hand and said "pray that my mom's baby would be healthy". So glad they trust Jesus can heal and keep us.

Finally, tonight as we were settling in for bed, Jacob rubs my belly (still not a cute bump but definitely not flat anymore) and leans down as if he's talking to the baby and says...

"I know there's nothing to do in there, so..."

and touching his pointer finger to my belly,

"tag, you're it!"


I couldn't make this stuff up!

No comments:

Post a Comment