~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Super Good Birthday

As I thought about what to do for Nathan’s upcoming 6th birthday, I tried to think of what would make him most happy. I know that he loves his friends, he loves superheroes and he loves Chuck E Cheese. So, we had a superhero party at Chuck E Cheese. This would be his first big birthday party so I wanted to make it special. Nathan helped me pick a fun cake design, I made personalized capes and we invited special friends. And this is what we came up with.

2012_02_15

I’m really thankful for my talented friend Trina (whose super power is creating amazing cakes) who came and helped me create this ambitious cake. When the party was over, I asked Nathan what his favorite part of his birthday was and he replied “the cake”. Which makes me happy considering how much time Trina and I spent on it!

IMG_3691

Even the little boys had fun, Austin shooting hoops with Daddy and Evan in the arms of Mommy.

IMG_3694

``

IMG_3587

Happy Birthday Nathan. You are a delight and joy to all who meet you. You have the biggest heart and are most kind. I am so thankful for you and I love you so much. May God give you many, many more happy birthdays.

1 comment:

  1. This one really great to see Super Hero Cake. It's truly looking one of unique idea to decorate the cake. I am really thinking for my son's next birthday. It's massively idealize source. Thanks for sharing.

    scrapbook paper

    ReplyDelete