~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baby Legs

When I was pregnant with my third son, I attended a Birth Fair here in Houston. They had lots of great speakers on pregnancy, natural birth, breastfeeding and more. I also enjoyed the vendor’s that had come to the event as well. They sold everything from cloth diaper covers to slings.

One thing I came across then, and have seen a lot of online, are these baby leg warmers or leggings. I thought it was a great idea especially for the crawlers who are constantly on their knees. But I love the way they look on little babies too. They make a better option than baby pants because you can still change a diaper with ease.

photo

In talking with a friend of mine, I decided I could make my own for a lot less than what they were selling online. All I needed were a pair of long adult size socks (preferably in a cute and fun print) and a pair of scissors.

So this is what I started with, a bare-legged adorable baby,

IMG_3805(rev)

I used this pair of men’s socks. (I also found a cute skull print not pictured here but you really could choose ANY print!)

IMG_3807(rev)

Using my fabric scissors, or really sharp scissors, I cut off the foot part of the sock. Leaving behind the long top. And just like that, cute baby leggings for my boy!

IMG_3810

Too easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment