~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Friday, April 13, 2012

Being 4 Months Old

I promised myself it wouldn’t happen, but it did. I am late writing Evan’s monthly update. I love this little boy so much and enjoy every moment with him. I’m terrified that the busyness of life will cause me to forget something precious. So as the saying goes, better late than never!

IMG_3943-1

In one months time, his sleep schedule has improved. He consistently and predictably naps during the day now. Yay! And it’s been a long time since his nap was in my arms, boo! His cradle cap is mild now and I think we’re stuck with the mohawk Smile. I neglected to mention in last month’s post that he affectionately loves his pacifier and special night-night blanket. I just love having a paci baby again. It’s great to be able to soothe my baby in time of need.

At 4 months old, Evan has discovered two T’s. His toes and toys. He loves to play with his toes and has started reaching for nearby toys. It lights up my day to see this happy boy smile, and he’s doing it a lot more now. He has also found his voice. And even though he is a big guy, it’s a little on the squeaky side. Totally adorable. He is very ticklish and giggles so sweetly.

IMG_3945

Children are such a gift from God and every moment I spend with Evan, I am reminded of how great a God we have who can create something so precious and then entrust us to care for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment