~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Truest Friend-A Tribute to Mom

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving

 

When I was young, my Mom was my lifeline. She did everything for me. Once I could do everything for myself, her role changed. Somewhere through that awkward phase, she became my friend. Then I had children, and she became a grandma. And that’s when I learned to appreciate her like never before. The extension of her love for me, given to my children is priceless and beautiful.

IMG_3886

Iphone 010

Iphone 022

She really loves my children so well, and equally, she still makes the effort to spend girly time with me! Such as…

pedicures and coffee!

Iphone 009

Whether you call her Mom or Grandma. She’s one awesome lady!

IMG_3911

Happy Mothers Day!!! I love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment