~

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Friday, February 25, 2011

Papet Vaudois



I've never heard of it. Never tried it. On our brave journey we made our way to Switzerland.

 Ian and I have actually been there...


but we never had this dish. When we visited, a friend tried to teach me the language (a similar version of German), it did not stick with me. Still, we enjoyed the skiing, fresh bread and cheese and the AMAZING views.

Some dishes just remind you of places. I remember the warm hospitality I felt when a friend made us 40 garlic clove chicken. I feel the romance shared over a pot of fondue at the Melting Pot. I cherish memories with sweet friends over Tim's pie.

Food has a way of reminding us of memories. So I am continuing my attempt to help my children remember European geography through their stomachs. Papet Vaudois is prepared with potatoes, leeks, smoked sausage and whipping cream. It was a tasty dish and this is JJ's response to our digestive trip through Switzerland...


I can't quite tell if it's delight or disgust...but memorable none-the-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment